This Privacy Notice applies to personal information collected about you by the School of Physics and Astronomy, Queen Mary, University of London.
Personal information and privacy
To help us improve our services and for demographic reasons, our server records your visit using cookies.
The information that you give us will be treated in accordance with our Data Protection Policy and this statement.
Queen Mary is required by law to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. As such, information is:
- processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain conditions are met
- obtained for specified and lawful purposes and not further processed in a manner incompatible with that purpose
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- accurate and where necessary up to date
- kept for no longer than necessary
- processed in accordance with data subjects' rights
- protected by appropriate security
- not transferred without adequate protection
These are the cookies on our websites:
- One cookie which tracks whether the visitor is logged in or not. This is an essential cookie, and it only affects School staff.
- Google Analytics cookies: we use the information in order to improve our website, to optimise performance, improve information exchange and so on. We will never, under any circumstances, share the data collected through Google Analytics with third parties.
- People pages: one cookie on people pages helps remember your filtering settings across the people directory. This is a performance and usability cookie, and as such, improves the functionality of our website.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.